The personal injury lawyers in Briarcliffe, PA, at Schuster Law, would like to share some of the neighborhood’s highlights.
The neighborhood is within Darby Township in the southwest region of Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The Miuckinpattis Creek flows just outside of the eastern border.
The greater area was settled just after William Penn came into the area in 1682. AIt was fully recognized as a place for permanent living in 1683.
The Briarcliffe Fire Company Station 75 was established in 1954. It is located off of Beech Avenue near Poplar Avenue. The fire department serves the community in addition to the neighboring towns. Along with providing first response for emergencies, they rent out their building for venues. They even offer photo opportunities with their retired 1986 Ford E-One Engine. The fire station underwent an addition in 2018 to include the following:
- more space for vehicles
- a conference room
- a crew lounge
- more office and storage space
Within and close by the community is a variety of dining options. Some highly rated restaurants for residents to enjoy include:
- Cedar Craft & Kitchen – rated 4.6 stars out of 5 – located on Cedarwood Road
- Genoa Pizza & Grill – rated 4.3 out of 5 – located on West Ashland Avenue
- 39 North Taproom and Grille – rated 4.4 out of 5 – located on MacDade Boulevard
- The Fainting Goat Bar and Restaurant – rated 4.4 out of 5 – located on MacDade Boulevard
Residents can enjoy the nearby shopping selections. Along North MacDade Boulevard are many retail shops, such as:
- Work ‘N Gear
- Forman Mills
- Outdoor Living
The community is also home to Brookwood Park, situated on Brookwood Lane in the northwestern region of the neighborhood. The park has a gated playground for the children to enjoy. The Muchinipattis Creek flows along the outer east edge.
The residents are provided public education by the Southeast Delco School District. Students living within the area can attend the following schools:
- Darby Township School – grades K-8 – 579 students – located on Ashland Avenue
- Harris School – grades K-8 – 771 students – located on Sharon Avenue
- Academy Park High School – grades 9-12 – 1,275 students – located on Calcon Hook Road
There are two public libraries within the greater area. The Loretta Touni Library is located on Garfield Ave, and the Lee Taliaferro Library is located on Hook Road.
Most of the households are upper-middle-income households, making it an above-average income neighborhood. It has a higher income than 65.6% of other neighborhoods within the country. Many of the occupations held fall within the breakdown below:
- 44.7% executive, management, and professional occupations
- 24.3% sales and service jobs
- 17.8% clerical, assistant, and tech support occupations
- 13.2% in manufacturing and laborer occupations
The residents predominantly speak English as their first language. Within the neighborhood are many different cultures from ancestries, including:
- Irish (43.0%)
- Italian (30.9%)
- German (17.8%)
- English (5.4%)
- Polish (3.5%)
Keep reading to learn more: The History of Norwood, PA
Our Local Office
The experienced Briarcliffe, PA, personal injury lawyers at Schuster Law will help you get the full compensation you rightfully deserve after an unexpected personal injury. Call for a free case evaluation today.
405 Avenue of the States,
Chester, PA 19013, USA