The workers’ comp lawyers in Woodlands, PA, at Schuster Law, invite you to take a closer look at all the great amenities of the neighborhood.
The neighborhood of Woodlands is located in the southern region of the Upper Providence Township in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Ridley Creek flows along the western edge of the community. Nearby towns include Moylan, Elwyn, Bortondale, and Black Horse.
The neighborhood is home to the historical hillside Glen Providence Park. This 33-acre park was first established in 1935. The land was donated by George and Eleanor Butler, founders of the first golf club in Delaware County, The Springhaven Club. The land was to be used as a bird sanctuary. The park includes a man-made pond created in the late 1930s. Other amenities at the park include many trails for the visitors to capture glimpses of the wildlife and birds, an arboretum, and many plants throughout.
Other parks nearby include:
- Middletown Township Memorial Park – located on East Baltimore Pike
- Louis W Scott Memorial Park – located on Ridley Creek Road
- Upper Providence Park – located on South Ave
- Broomall Street Park – located on North Broomall Street
Along Baltimore Avenue are many shops and restaurant options. Some of the businesses include:
- Media Veterinary Hospital
- GFit Women Media
- Aquavita Pools
- Keyes Towing Inc
Some nearby restaurants include:
- Sterling Pig Brewery – located on West State Street
- Burlap And Bean Roastery – located on West Baltimore Avenue
- Yia It’s All Greek to Me – located on West State Street
- Bittersweet Kitchen – located on South Orange Street
Attractions and Museums
A short one-mile drive of only three minutes will take you to the Pennsylvania Veterans Museum, located on East State Street. The museum opened in 2005, on Veteran’s Day. Some of the many exhibitions include:
- D-Day Highlights – includes a life-size diorama of D-Day highlights the Invasion of Normandy.
- Korean War – includes a life-size soldier in action along with many artifacts of memorabilia.
- Ruptured Duck Theatre – includes many movies showcased in a mini-movie theatre.
- Paratroopers Kiosk – an interactive kiosk with first-hand accounts of jumping into combat, including the chance to try on a parachute.
- Women in War – take a closer look at how women and children aided in the war.
The community is served by the Rose Tree Media School District. The district has over 3,909 students enrolled throughout the six schools. Of the schools, most of the neighborhood attends:
- Media Elementary School – 452 students – located on Front and Monroe Streets
- Springton Lake Middle School – 890 students – located on North Providence Road
- Penncrest High School – 1,231 students – located on Barren Road
Some of the private and charter schools available include:
- The Walden School
- The Benchmark School
- St. Mary Magdalen School
The racial demographics of the greater area included the following in 2010:
- 89.8% White
- 3.9% African American
- 0.0% Native American
- 4.3% Asian
- 0.4% from other races
- 1.5% from two or more races
- 1.5% Hispanic or Latino of any race
The area had a median income of $107,166 in 2000, with the median income for a family at $130,450.
To learn more about the area, check out the next town: Touring the Woods at Langford, PA
Our Local Office
The Woodlands, PA, workers’ comp lawyers help injured workers get their claims processed without delays. Call today for a free claim review.
334 W Front St,
Media, PA 19063, USA