- Email[email protected]
Justin has been recognized as an accomplished trial lawyer in the areas of Personal Injury and Civil Litigation by Super Lawyers by Thompson Reuters, Main Line Today Magazine – Best of the Main Line, and by the Delaware County Daily Times – Reader’s Choice Award.
Justin is an active trial lawyer who represents individuals and corporations in a wide range of practice areas across PA and NJ, including business-related litigation, property disputes, and personal injury matters arising from defective products, construction site accidents, poorly maintained commercial properties and vehicle accidents.
He prides himself on bringing his knowledge of the law, research skills, and strategic use of technology to achieve significant trial verdicts and recoveries in favor of his clients.
Experience and Representative Matters
- Successfully represented medical billing company in dispute with a former customer who unsuccessfully claimed nearly 1 million dollars in damages and involved the analysis of over 1,000 individual medical billing claims. The case was settled on the first day of trial.
- Jury trial verdict for Philadelphia restaurant business against a national plumbing contractor who caused extensive damage to the restaurant causing it to close. The size of the verdict was in the top 6 of all jury verdicts in Delaware County in 2017.
- Trial verdict in Philadelphia dram shop case for client who was stabbed with a broken bottle at a Delaware County Bar. Justin defeated defense attempts to transfer the case out of Philadelphia County and successfully argued at trial that the bar had violated the Dram Shop Act and failed to provide adequate security.
- Settlement for commercial printing press operator in products liability. Settlement was reached when Justin was able to show that the manufacturer of a portion of the printing press selected incorrect component parts to construct heavy steel access doors that failed during operation and struck the client causing permanent injuries. The case was litigated in Federal Court.
- Settlement for Delaware County client who suffered life-threatening stab wounds at a bar. Justin successfully pursued claims against the bar including violations of the Dram Shop Act.
- Settlement for nurse who was administered incorrect sedative medication while undergoing a spinal injection procedure causing serious injuries and her inability to work for a significant period of time.
- Jury trial verdict for client in motor vehicle crash. Defendant argued the client was not entitled to any personal injury compensation due to his having selected limited tort automobile insurance coverage.
- Settlement for client who severed fingers while using a table saw manufactured by international tool manufacturer who denied all liability for the accident. The case was litigated in Federal Court.
- Settlement for injured worker whose fingers were severed while using a pneumatic/electric up-cut saw.
- Settlement for commercial truck driver who suffered unwitnessed crush injury to foot and ankle while using an electric pallet jack manufactured by international material handling equipment manufacturer. Case was litigated in Federal Court.
- Settlement for client who suffered a fractured spine while riding a wooden roller coaster at large amusement park. The amusement park, and multiple manufacturer defendants denied all liability for the injury. The case was litigated in Federal Court.
- Successfully obtained numerous six-figure recoveries in motor vehicle crash cases and premises liability fall cases.
- Represented Delaware County property owners in nuisance and trespass cases.
- Obtained compensation for clients in numerous arbitrations in counties across PA and NJ.
- Seven Figure Settlement for tradesman and family man who suffered a multiple finger amputation in a machine at a construction site. Justin successfully pursued a Product Liability case against the manufacturer of the machine.
- Represented Cape May, NJ restaurant property owner who was issued violations by the State of New Jersey, which threatened to close the business near the beginning of the summer season. Successfully obtained resolution and dismissal of all violations.
- Won trial verdict in favor of construction company and its owner who were sued by a former shareholder seeking six-figure damages. Justin’s clients were defendants in the lawsuit which could have crippled their company. The case was tried in Chester County and resulted in a complete victory for Justin’s client with no appeal.
- Not Guilty jury verdict for client accused of DUI for taking his prescription medication. The Commonwealth sought a state prison sentence. The defense required significant toxicological analysis.
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Delaware County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division – Continuing Legal Education Coordinator
- aspireLIFE (cancer research nonprofit), Vice President and General Counsel
- Springfield High School Mock Trial Team Advisor, 2018
Awards & Recognition
- Main Line Today, Best Lawyers of the Main Line and Western Suburbs, Personal Injury and Civil Litigation (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- 2020 Reader’s Choice Award for Personal Injury, Delaware County Daily Times
- Named to 2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars List. The list appears in the June 2019 issues of Philadelphia magazine and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine. Each year only five percent of Pennsylvania attorneys receive the Super Lawyers honor and only 2.5 percent receive the Rising Star honor.
- Named to 2021 & 2022 Super Lawyers Magazine Rising Stars
Rated by Super Lawyers
Publications & Events
- PA Products Liability, A Redesign on the Horizon – Presentation to the Delaware County Bar Association, Bench Bar Conference, 2014.
- Topics on Pennsylvania Dram Shop Litigation – Presentation to the Delaware County Bar Association, Bench Bar Conference, 2016.
- Admissibility of Social Media Evidence – Presentation to the Delaware County Bar Association, Bench Bar Conference, 2016.
- General and Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Auto Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Criminal Defense
- Rutgers University School of Law – Camden, JD 2012
- Rutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy, Editorial Board Member and Managing Articles Editor
- Hunter Moot Court
- University of Delaware, BA Political Science 2007
- New Jersey
- US District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania